Thinking about getting into running or walking a race this year? Or maybe you have some experience but want to try a new distance. The GP Run/Walk Club is offering Spring Training to all our members, starting March 12. Our Spring Training is a great way to meet new friends who will share in your experience. The end goal is to have you ready to run or walk in the Brian Harms Memorial and/or the DHT Press Run. Having a race as a goal is a great way to stay motivated throughout your training.
Group training is every Sunday at 9:00 a.m. run, shine, or snow (yes, it’s all outdoors!) and you’ll be given homework for the rest of the week.
We offer the following distances (subject to change, depending on demand):
- 5K Beginner Run (A perfect place to start! This distance may seem daunting to beginners, but we will help you get there!)
- 10K Walk
- 10K Beginner
- 10K Intermediate (have run a 10k before, but perhaps want to improve your time)
- 10K Walk
- 21K Walk
- Interested in another group not listed? Email us at email@example.com
We offer a relaxed and laid back approach to running, our group leaders are there to:
- encourage you along the way
- make sure you know where you’re going
- ensure no one is left behind
- ensure no one is pushing themselves harder than they should
If you’re interested in becoming a group leader, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re interested in joining us, follow these simple steps: