Now that we have the 2017 Brian Harms Memorial Race under our belts, it’s time to register for the DHT Press Run. Click here for our info page, which includes details on registration.
If you completed any distance in the Brian Harms, and you participate in the DHT Press Run, you will be entered in our 2/14 challenge (complete 2 races in 14 days) to win a $214 gift card to use at any of our sponsors.
If you complete the Brian Harms, DHT Press Run, and Roots & Ruts, you’ll be entered into our Triple Crown Challenge to win a Garmin Forerunner 35 from the Walk, Run & More store.
21K Run, 10K Run, 10K Walk, 5K Run, 5K Walk and a 3K Kids walk/run.
Start Times – 3K Kids Race 8:15 am, 21K 9am, 10K 9:15, 5K 9:30
DHT Press Run/Walk Route Map
Race package Pickup goes Friday May 26 11am – 7pm atWalk, Run & More, NEW LOCATION 11625-99 Street(behind the mall, in Prairie Plaza, between Audio Concepts and Warehouse One).
Race day 7am – 8am at Muskoseepi Park Pavillion for OUT of TOWNERS ONLY…Please
Time’s running out to register for the Brian Harms Memorial Race and the DHT Press Run, so get going!
We have added in a last-minute t-shirt order. Supply is limited!
- T-shirts are grey with the logo below.
- Cost is $20 and payable by cash or cheque made out to the Grande Prairie Run/Walk Club, pay and pickup on race day. Debit/credit is not available.
- Because supply is limited, you will get a confirmation email on whether your order was successful or unsuccessful.
- If you don’t see the size you need, it means we have run out.
Hill training is cancelled today on the account of the weather. We are also looking for a leader for April 25 (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Calling all GP Run/Walk Club members! Whether you’re participating in spring training or just want to come out for some group runs, we have some sessions planned:
Tuesday April 18, 25, and May 2. 5:30 pm. Meet at Thrill Hill on 102 Street and 90th ave.
Tuesday May 9 and 16 at St. Joe’s track.
Thinking about getting into running or walking a race this year? Or maybe you have some experience but want to try a new distance. The GP Run/Walk Club is offering Spring Training to all our members, starting March 12. Our Spring Training is a great way to meet new friends who will share in your experience. The end goal is to have you ready to run or walk in the Brian Harms Memorial and/or the DHT Press Run. Having a race as a goal is a great way to stay motivated throughout your training.
Group training is every Sunday at 9:00 a.m. run, shine, or snow (yes, it’s all outdoors!) and you’ll be given homework for the rest of the week.
We offer the following distances (subject to change, depending on demand):
- 5K Beginner Run (A perfect place to start! This distance may seem daunting to beginners, but we will help you get there!)
- 10K Walk
- 10K Beginner
- 10K Intermediate (have run a 10k before, but perhaps want to improve your time)
- 10K Walk
- 21K Walk
- Interested in another group not listed? Email us at email@example.com
We offer a relaxed and laid back approach to running, our group leaders are there to:
- encourage you along the way
- make sure you know where you’re going
- ensure no one is left behind
- ensure no one is pushing themselves harder than they should
If you’re interested in becoming a group leader, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re interested in joining us, follow these simple steps:
- Purchase a GP Run/Walk Club Membership. It also gives you some awesome discounts at local shops!
- Register for Spring Training here.
- Invite your friends!
- Show up on March 12 at 9:00 a.m. at Eastlink Center (inside, by the Second Cup)
Ring in the new year on the right foot (and the left foot)! Join the GP Run/Walk Club’s annual Resolution Run this Sunday. There’s no cost to join, and the more the merrier.
Meet at Starbucks in Mission Heights, 5 km fun run/walk starts at 11 a.m. Then coffee is on us afterwards.
Bring your friends and family and join us for the first run of 2017!
* Please note that children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
Get your membership for the 2017 calendar year now! Memberships also make wonderful gifts.
- Adult Membership – $26 annually (calendar year)
- Child/Teen Membership – $15 annually (calendar year)
- Couple/Family Membership – $52 annually (calendar year)
As a member of the Grande Prairie Run/Walk Club, you receive:
- 15% off Running/Walking Footwear & Apparel at Ernie’s Sports Experts
- 15% off Running/Walking Footwear & Apparel at Intersport
- 10% off Clothing, Hydration, Nutrition & Clinics at Walk, Run & More
- 15% off Footwear at Action in the Prairie Mall
- Discounts on race/event registration (value of $10 per event)
- FREE group training for the DHT Press Run/Walk (value of $40)
Plus, your membership fees help support the Grande Prairie Run/Walk Club, which has been operating in the Peace Country (under various name changes) for over 40 years!
Click here to purchase your membership
Just an update to let you all know that the Jingle Bell Run this December 11 will go no matter what. The run will not be cancelled despite the weather. Just dress warmly and think of the coffee, hot chocolate, and cookies you’ll get at the end.
For more info, check out the Jingle Bell Run Page.
Just a quick note to let everyone know there’s been a time change for the Jingle Bell run/walk. This 5k run/walk is now at 11 am with registration at 10 am. There will be prizes for festive costumes. No cost to register, except a cash donation to the food bank.
The GP Run/Walk Club meets once a month to socialize, to discuss upcoming events, and to discuss ideas for the club in general. The next meeting is tomorrow, Tuesday November 1 at Tito’s Bistro (10006 101 Ave, across the street from the Sawmill Restaurant) at 7 pm.
Attendance is open to all members – we would love to see you there!