Just an update to let you all know that the Jingle Bell Run this December 11 will go no matter what. The run will not be cancelled despite the weather. Just dress warmly and think of the coffee, hot chocolate, and cookies you’ll get at the end.
For more info, check out the Jingle Bell Run Page.
We know life gets busy and you’re not always checking our awesome website and we know stuff gets buried on Facebook or Twitter, so here are a few tips to help you stay in the loop:
1. Subscribe to our website, get instant emails whenever we post something new (you will get a confirmation email, remember to follow the instructions)
2. Subscribe to notifications via Facebook
3. Subscribe to notifications via Twitter
The Grande Prairie Run/Walk Club is looking for at least one Co-Race Director, to work with our current race director, to help plan the 40th DHT Press Run/Walk! This is going to be a great event but we need your help to make it possible.
Event date: Saturday, May 28, 2016.
What’s in it for you?
- The volunteer experience will look great on any résumé
- It’s a great opportunity to get involved with the community
- Gain the experience necessary to direct more races in the future
- Meet awesome new people
Here’s what we need from you:
- We will need the successful volunteers to attend the monthly club meetings, held on the first Tuesday of the month at Tito’s Bistro from 7-9 pm
- Familiarity with Muskoseepi Park trails is an asset
- Reports to the GP Run/Walk Club
- Your time commitment on race day and leading up to the race
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Co-Race Director PRW”.
Here’s a list of the executive positions we are looking to fill. If you’re interested in any of these roles, please attend our next meeting on November 3.
Recorder – attend the meetings and record the minutes, writes and distributes the newsletters/emails
Social Committee – organizes refreshments and/or fun events
Media Liaison – provides media with event information and results
Logistics Coordinator – provides maps with distances
Race Directors – various members for various races/events
Members at Large – members wanting a voice regarding club activities without holding a position
Annette Seitz was the winner of the 2015 2/14 Challenge draw! Congratulations Annette!
Better run over there and REGISTER before it’s too late!
The GP Run/Walk Club’s next executive meeting is Monday February 2nd at Esquire’s Coffeehouse (10635 Westside Drive) at 7:00PM.
Everyone is welcome!