We have exciting news, members! We are very pleased to announce a brand new membership sponsor for 2018… Freshii!
Freshii’s mantra is Eat. Energize. We felt that fit in perfectly with what our members want to do, so when you buy a GP Run/Walk membership for 2018, you will get 10% off at Freshii. Borrowed from their website, Freshii has “7 different menu categories – bowls, burritos, salads, wraps, soups, smoothies & juices – and each one is full of innovation.” Find them across from Intersport (another club sponsor!) on the west side.
If you’ve already purchased a membership for 2018, check your email for a note about how to get your discount (it’s a pass-phrase, rather than showing your card).
Freshii’s website (check out the menu!)
Freshii GP on Facebook
Get your 2018 membership here
Thinking about getting into running or walking a race this year? Or maybe you have some experience but want to try a new distance. The GP Run/Walk Club is offering Spring Training to all our members, starting March 12. Our Spring Training is a great way to meet new friends who will share in your experience. The end goal is to have you ready to run or walk in the Brian Harms Memorial and/or the DHT Press Run. Having a race as a goal is a great way to stay motivated throughout your training.
Group training is every Sunday at 9:00 a.m. run, shine, or snow (yes, it’s all outdoors!) and you’ll be given homework for the rest of the week.
We offer the following distances (subject to change, depending on demand):
- 5K Beginner Run (A perfect place to start! This distance may seem daunting to beginners, but we will help you get there!)
- 10K Walk
- 10K Beginner
- 10K Intermediate (have run a 10k before, but perhaps want to improve your time)
- 10K Walk
- 21K Walk
- Interested in another group not listed? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a relaxed and laid back approach to running, our group leaders are there to:
- encourage you along the way
- make sure you know where you’re going
- ensure no one is left behind
- ensure no one is pushing themselves harder than they should
If you’re interested in becoming a group leader, email us at email@example.com.
If you’re interested in joining us, follow these simple steps:
- Purchase a GP Run/Walk Club Membership. It also gives you some awesome discounts at local shops!
- Register for Spring Training here.
- Invite your friends!
- Show up on March 12 at 9:00 a.m. at Eastlink Center (inside, by the Second Cup)
Our June club meeting has been postponed to Thursday June 4th at 7:00PM at Tito’s Bistro and Cafe (#101 10006-101 Ave).
Everyone is welcome to attend and we love seeing new faces!
The monthly GPRWC meeting has been moved to::
Tito’s Bistro and Cafe
(Across from the Sawmill (old Dukes/Champs location))
— Sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.