Thinking about getting into running or walking a race this year? Or maybe you have some experience but want to try a new distance. The GP Run/Walk Club is offering Spring Training to all our members, starting March 12. Our Spring Training is a great way to meet new friends who will share in your experience. The end goal is to have you ready to run or walk in the Brian Harms Memorial and/or the DHT Press Run. Having a race as a goal is a great way to stay motivated throughout your training.
Group training is every Sunday at 9:00 a.m. run, shine, or snow (yes, it’s all outdoors!) and you’ll be given homework for the rest of the week.
We offer the following distances (subject to change, depending on demand):
- 5K Beginner Run (A perfect place to start! This distance may seem daunting to beginners, but we will help you get there!)
- 10K Walk
- 10K Beginner
- 10K Intermediate (have run a 10k before, but perhaps want to improve your time)
- 10K Walk
- 21K Walk
- Interested in another group not listed? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a relaxed and laid back approach to running, our group leaders are there to:
- encourage you along the way
- make sure you know where you’re going
- ensure no one is left behind
- ensure no one is pushing themselves harder than they should
If you’re interested in becoming a group leader, email us at email@example.com.
If you’re interested in joining us, follow these simple steps:
- Purchase a GP Run/Walk Club Membership. It also gives you some awesome discounts at local shops!
- Register for Spring Training here.
- Invite your friends!
- Show up on March 12 at 9:00 a.m. at Eastlink Center (inside, by the Second Cup)
Ring in the new year on the right foot (and the left foot)! Join the GP Run/Walk Club’s annual Resolution Run this Sunday. There’s no cost to join, and the more the merrier.
Meet at Starbucks in Mission Heights, 5 km fun run/walk starts at 11 a.m. Then coffee is on us afterwards.
Bring your friends and family and join us for the first run of 2017!
* Please note that children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
Get your membership for the 2017 calendar year now! Memberships also make wonderful gifts.
- Adult Membership – $26 annually (calendar year)
- Child/Teen Membership – $15 annually (calendar year)
- Couple/Family Membership – $52 annually (calendar year)
As a member of the Grande Prairie Run/Walk Club, you receive:
- 15% off Running/Walking Footwear & Apparel at Ernie’s Sports Experts
- 15% off Running/Walking Footwear & Apparel at Intersport
- 10% off Clothing, Hydration, Nutrition & Clinics at Walk, Run & More
- 15% off Footwear at Action in the Prairie Mall
- Discounts on race/event registration (value of $10 per event)
- FREE group training for the DHT Press Run/Walk (value of $40)
Plus, your membership fees help support the Grande Prairie Run/Walk Club, which has been operating in the Peace Country (under various name changes) for over 40 years!
Click here to purchase your membership
Just an update to let you all know that the Jingle Bell Run this December 11 will go no matter what. The run will not be cancelled despite the weather. Just dress warmly and think of the coffee, hot chocolate, and cookies you’ll get at the end.
For more info, check out the Jingle Bell Run Page.
Just a quick note to let everyone know there’s been a time change for the Jingle Bell run/walk. This 5k run/walk is now at 11 am with registration at 10 am. There will be prizes for festive costumes. No cost to register, except a cash donation to the food bank.
The GP Run/Walk Club meets once a month to socialize, to discuss upcoming events, and to discuss ideas for the club in general. The next meeting is tomorrow, Tuesday November 1 at Tito’s Bistro (10006 101 Ave, across the street from the Sawmill Restaurant) at 7 pm.
Attendance is open to all members – we would love to see you there!
Today (Friday) is the last day to register before the Don’t Get Lost in the Woods race!
And in case you missed it, race package pickup is tomorrow (Saturday) between 2-6 pm from Ernie’s Sports Experts (11500 100 St).
It’s here! We are so excited to introduce the Don’t Get Lost in the Woods race to the Ernie’s Triple Crown Challenge. More info on its dedicated race page here.
The earlybird rates for the New Horizon Co-Op Glow Run have been extended until midnight tonight! If you purchased an adult entry over the weekend, you will receive a partial refund.
Remember, all funds raised will support the new hospital!
Here are the FAQ’s for the New Horizon Co-Op Glow Run. Click here!
And today is the last day for early bird registration rates. Click here to register.